Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week in the Life Challenge - Day 3

When I first purchased these sunglasses, my kids laughed because they were so BIG! While waiting for the bus this morning, we found a pair of my old sunglasses in the van. My teeny tiny sunglasses.

When I put them on, my son laughed.

I said to him, "Remember when you laughed at me because the new glasses looked so big?"

He nodded.

"After seeing them on my face for so long, they look normal and now the other ones look weird. That's kind of how it is in the world. Sometimes we get so used to seeing junky behavior around us, it looks normal and doing the right thing can seem weird. That's why it's really important to make careful choices when it comes to friends and the stuff you watch on television."

How's that for a life lesson? (Not only can we use our scrapbook albums as place to celebrate life, we can use them to teach.)

Today I captured shots under the theme of Everyday Observations. Here are a few more:

post signature

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

What fabulous use of a great teachable moment! Nice work!