Thursday, October 9, 2008

40 minutes and counting

It was a snazzy title when I first begin writing this post more than 18 hours ago. The boys were due home from school and my hopes of spitting out another meaty blog post were looking pretty bleak.

Well, we can all see how that played out.

I did get to see Mellissa yesterday AND touch the belly. She even agreed to be my photo of the day:

Looking so very pretty.

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I've had *big things* on the brain. With so much going on in the world, I'm sure many of you are also pondering big things as well. It is a time of change and uncertainty - two qualities that bring out the best in people.

Um... yeah, not really. Spend any length of time watching late night television and you'll see what I'm talking about. It isn't pretty.

Instead of focusing on a bunch of negative stuff (which is how this post first began and why 18 hours have since passed) I thought I'd share some words of encouragement:
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall Ifear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:1, 5, 13-14

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

God has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us. 2 Corinthians 1:10

We have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 1 Timothy 4:10

In God our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Psalm 33:21

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Today I'm going to do my best to follow a schedule (though I must admit, I'm already off schedule). There's a birthday party to prepare for, scrapbooking to be done, and still more photos to tend to.

I had a big talk with the hubby last night about the whole photography-thing. It's consuming nature has me questioning it's place in my life - especially now, the busiest time of year for my scrapbooking business. I'd rather do three things well than 25 things poorly.

Just another one of those *big things* being pondered.

post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

Since last week at MOPS convention, I've been pondering big life things too, so I can relate a little to this time of questioning and uncertainty. If the photography thing is causing some undue stress, I am ok with cancelling our session next Sunday. I am mostly interested in a family photo for christmas cards, and can probably rig one up myself. :)

Mellissa said...

I will pray for discernment for you. That is an icky feeling to not have enough time to do the things you want to do at the level you expect of yourself. I am proud of you for realizing that you are not a superhero and not letting yourself hit massive burnout.

Tina Vega said...

Don't get me wrong, I love taking pictures and will continue to do so but I think I need to simplify (i.e. no more weddings, taking only a limited number of sessions, setting an ordering deadline so I can properly space the sessions). Too many sessions clumped together means hundreds of photos to edit, upload into galleries, and submit for printing. That's the "unfun" part.

I am still planning on next weekend, Amy. I am very much looking forward to our session!!!