Thursday, September 25, 2008

welcome to my world mess

For a detailed view, click HERE.

I thought I'd post a *real life* shot. This is where I spent the bulk of my day, working on shots and ironing out details on the photography end of things. I've set up shop with a new photo lab (which required a great deal of time for a number of reasons) and joined the PPA, as recommended by NILMDTS. (I'm sorry for all of the acronyms, just click on the orange links for details.) Basically, a lot of busywork.

The blog has been a little photography-lopsided for the past couple of weeks (a reflection of my life right now). I've been meaning to share some fun new toys, but haven't really had a chance to play with them a whole lot yet. There is a NEW BAG in the picture... I'd been looking for something that didn't look so camera-baggish - something that would allow me to bring my camera along, without it looking like I had my camera along. After admiring Tilly's Crumpler Bags from afar, I decided to pick one up for myself. This little beauty, the 5 Million Dollar bag, is mine:

Isn't it dandy?

Our weekly bible study started up again with somewhere near 200 ladies in attendance! Amazing. We're watching a Beth Moore video series based on the book of Proverbs (Wising Up) and will be moving right into Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman. You can be sure I'll be sharing nuggets of wisdom gleaned from both!

Have a great night my bloggy friends.

post signature

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Ok, you win, I am not as busy as you! I can't wait to read up on PPA and hear more about your new photo lab...who did you switch to if I may ask? And the camera bag looks AWESOME! Nice pick!

Tina Vega said...

White House Custom Color (http://www.whcc.com/) is the name of the lab. Before getting started with them, they recommend sending in five test shots to ensure the color is a match (thus the reasoning behind my monitor calibration).

As for the PPA, I joined as an "aspiring photographer", which is a little less expensive than the full on membership. There are a lot of discounts offered for insurance (I joined specifically for the malpractice coverage).