Monday, September 29, 2008

and so the challenge begins...

In an effort to stir up some latent creativity, I'm taking part in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life scrapbooking challenge (click HERE for details.) I love what she did with her Everyday Life book and am using it as an outline for my week (click HERE for details). While creativity is not always my thing, it is usually hers! Today I focused on shots of Everyday Work and Everyday Play, snapping shots throughout the day and keeping notes to refer to once it's time to assemble the pages.

The journaling will include an exchange with my 8-year old son; I'd asked a question, purposely using "Big Words" throughout the sentence. Instead of answering, he rolled his eyes.

I asked, "Are you frustrated because you don't understand what I said?"

He responded, "No. I don't like to have to think a few minutes just to understand what a sentence means."

Total sweetness.

Met the hubby for lunch as well and we tried a new place in St. Paul called Salut. The food was very rich and the portions were HUGE. As a result, my lunch was also my dinner and I still have leftovers!

By the way, I know I promised to post my new photography packages by the end of last week. They should be up tomorrow. Should. (I think I'm writing that here to help hold myself accountable.)

Have a great evening!

post signature

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I may have to give this a try. But I'll have to start next week. I think I'll do a Sunday to Saturday. I would love to know how you got a different background on your blog. I've been trying to figure out how to get a different background other than the ones that you can choose from. So boring. Any hints???

Tina Vega said...

I found Jennisa when she first started out and received an awesome deal on bloggy bling. Her prices have come up a bit but she has several different options to choose from (I don't know how to do it myself and haven't the patience to figure it out). Jennisa's link is on the lower right side of my blog page.