Monday, July 7, 2008

Blogiversary Prize Drawing #4

Simply slip 2x3 photos and journaling paper into the clear sleeves and this mini PicFolio album is ready to go. You could use this (or any other other small album) to create a virtues album for your child. In addition to building character and teaching the importance of caring for others, this type of album would provide the perfect place for many of those miscellaneous, leftover photos. You could begin by listing the virtues you'd like to highlight and then find a photo that best illustrates each one. Or, you could instead let the photos suggest which virtues to include. Here are several examples:

  • Sharing - children playing together
  • Love - family hugging, children kissing, pets snuggling
  • Respect - children with grandparents
  • Gentleness - children with pets or flowers
  • Cleanliness - bath time photos
  • Determination - sports photos
  • Faithfulness - great-grandparents on their 50th wedding anniversary
  • Joy - a party or someone laughing
  • Courage - a child taking swimming lessons
(This idea was taken from The Creative Memories Way by C. Lightle and R. Anderson.)

To enter this drawing, just post a comment to this entry. If you have any other ideas for this little album, please feel free to share it! (The winner will be posted in the morning.)

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE love love the virtues idea! What a great way to SHOW your kids instead of talking about it! i've also always wanted to do a kids "favorite things" album - take photos of favorite stuffed animals, outfits, friends, foods, etc at certain ages - you think you'll never forget these things, but I'm realizing that it's easy to forget such precious moments in time!!!

Anonymous said...

I think this album is so cute!! You could use it as a baby shower gift and include tips for the mother-to-be. I think I may have seen someone use it for a little calendar too.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

I really like this album!!!

Anonymous said...

I have SO many of those little plastic cards (the size of a credit card) with many different sayings, poems, definitions, etc. on them that would be perfect to keep in this album next to a picture of the person that it reminded me of. I have so many that remind me of my mom (now living with Jesus) and my daughter (also now living with Jesus) that it would be a nice memory book of them. Or, I could do one of my three children, or even include the card I have about marriage and include a picture of hubby and me. The possibilities are endless ... I have LOTS of those cards!! :-)

Amy said...

I love this little album-I made a mother's day album for my mom with sayings about mothers on one side, and a picture of my kids on the other. Perfect for her to carry in her purse as a little brag book.

Anonymous said...

The virtues idea is great! Another idea is as a "special date with dad" (or mom) book, where you put pictures and memorabilia of special things you do together with your child, whether it's ice cream at Dairy Queen, or playing soccer together, going skating, or movie tickets/play tickets.

Collleen