Sunday, May 4, 2008

takin' care of business

Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to this weekend. It's likely to be another busy one today.

Oh, and one more thing... I think I've found myself another hobby! It involves thread and needles and fabric. (No, not quilting.) My grandma makes these adorable embroidered flour sack kitchen towels that I absolutely love. Most of the family has decided against using these towels, instead saving them as an heirloom. I, on the other hand, have been determined to ENJOY them. (Problem is I've enjoyed them so much, most are quite threadbare.)

Instead of waiting for Grandma to pass another batch my way, I will attempt to make them myself. After a bit of Googling, I discovered there are several funky embroidery patterns out there. Check out THESE PATTERNS and THIS INFORMATIONAL LINK. Click HERE for some simple starter stitches and HERE for how-to pointers. Click HERE to find yourself the white flour sack towels just waiting to be embroidered. There are free patterns GALORE online, just take a second to Google "free flour sack embroidery designs."

This could be fun (and perhaps a little dangerous).

post signature

2 comments:

Chris Mellang said...

I love those kinds of dishtowels. Maybe I'll have to embroider some in the off season.

I know that Crafty Planet in NE Mpls carries many of the Sublime Stitches patterns for your instant gratification needs.

PS - last game of the NSRG season is May 17th - we're in the championship! I hope you and the family can make it

Tina Vega said...

Thank you so much for the crafty tip, Chris!

That is SO COOL to hear you are in the championship! I'll have to talk with the hubby to see if we can make the 17th... thanks for the heads-up!!!