Monday, March 3, 2008

looking for answers

I haven't felt like this in a while... on fire and inspired to really dig in. Seeking guidance and direction.

Looking for answers.

Someone close to me is struggling with very big things and I am struggling with how to best offer support. The problem is, we don't see eye-to-eye (in fact, we seem to be approaching each other from two different worlds).

When facing difficulties like this, I use the concordance in the back of my Bible to look up every related verse and commentary I can find. This often leads to other verses and topics, revealing much along the way. (My favorites, by the way, are the Amplified Bible and NIV Study Bible.)

Another indispensable resource is BibleGateway.com - comparing the same text in different translations of the Bible can be extremely insightful. Word on the street in the church is that Bible.Crosswalk.com is also a great navigational tool.

Over the past several years, God - through His Word - has proven Himself trustworthy, consistent, reliable, and relevant. The Bible continues to amaze, challenge, and inspire me; it is truly a book like no other.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

post signature

No comments: