Thursday, March 13, 2008

the little bugger is still sick :-(

He isn't in pain but the swollen tonsils and adenoids made sleeping pretty difficult last night. The rapid strep test came back negative so at this point, we're just waiting it out.

This song has been on my mind a lot lately and I wanted to share it with you.

"Song" happened to be the topic of yesterday's Bible study video as we looked at the biblical approach to singing. Beth Moore made a comment which struck a chord of truth: "Emotions and experiences can be expressed through song in ways spoken words can never satisfy." She spoke of song as another language of the soul. This is likely why the Book of Psalms ministers to me most during times of emotional upheaval; it is one of the first places I turn to when having trouble putting my feelings into words, when I need to share things with the Lord.

There has been pressure for me this week... so much so, I've developed this nagging eye twitch. (Seriously.) Though my hubby offered his ear, I was unable to articulate my feelings. He told me to "take the evening off", which I promptly agreed to. Do you know what I did? Spent the time running random errands while blasting praise and worship music from my car stereo.

It provided the perfect outlet for expressing myself. Exactly as God's Word does.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

post signature

No comments: