Thursday, February 14, 2008

this makes me laugh SO HARD!

My first "real job" was as a legal secretary at a Minneapolis law firm. And, as I'm sure you already know from this post, it was my childhood ambition. (Not so much the actual job part, but being in the city and having an excuse to order all of those JCPenney outfits.)

Problem was, I was nocturnal. Hopping on a bus at 7:00 am was not very appealing but the new-and-improved paycheck was. So I took the job. Bound and determined not to let the job change me, I continued whooping it up 'til all hours of the night. Bound and determined not to let the band scene hinder my job, I faithfully stepped on that bus each morning.

It wasn't so bad. As long as I had plenty of coffee. And sugar. I was pretty much living in denial until the firm's Christmas party six months later. To my horror, there was talk of head bobbing. My head bobbing.

I was so sure nobody had noticed.

Apparently, several of the attorneys had even mastered my move... head bobbing followed by a wild flailing of the hands. (After being lulled to sleep by transcription, I would wake and hit the keyboard.) They revealed this to me in good fun but I was horrified nonetheless.

Needless to say, that was the end of my nocturnal ways.

post signature

1 comment:

MrsProverbs31 said...

I'll have to come back and watch that video. I wanted to stop by and invite you to come back to my blog. I have something for you.