Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a lucid, pain-free hour...

I thought I'd better post before my next dose of cold medicine. It's been one of those days today. No matter how hard I try, I can't think. I've had more sleep in the last 24 hours than I usually have in one month (the downside of decongestants) and I still can't think. It the post reads a little loopy, just remember I'm writing without thinking.

We're at the doorway to 2008 with an entire new year ahead of us. New and fresh. I'm not so big on resolutions but I do like to use this time of year to reflect.
  • What areas are in need of balance? What is working? What is not?
  • What are my priorities? How am I living them out in my daily life?
  • How has God been refining me? What has He been calling my attention to? Where do I see myself in areas of personal growth?
  • How are my relationships? Have I been taking the necessary time to reach out to those around me? How can I be more intentional with those around me?
  • How is my relationship with God? Am I in a deeper place than I was last year? Have I been making time for Him and looking to Him for guidance in ALL areas of my life? What could I be doing differently?
  • How has my thinking been? What have I been allowing to fill those deep places?
  • How are my habits? Have I been taking care of myself in mind, body, and spirit?

This is just a start. Take some time in your journal reflecting on these questions. It would even make a wonderful addition to your scrapbook album - create a page celebrating the start of 2008, print up the questions in a funky font, and add answers in your own script.

The pulsating nasal pain is making it's way back; I am afraid the blogging window of opportunity is closing. Happy New Year to you, my dear blogging friends!

Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this kid!!!!!!!