Monday, December 10, 2007

call me crazy??

two bumps, originally uploaded by Tina Vega.

I soooooo need the Lord to help me with this one! After returning from the crop weekend, I noticed a couple of bumps inside my eye. The optometrist said it wasn't an infection but still prescribed drops (an antibiotic/cortisone blend) as a precaution. After five days, there was still no change. An online doctor recommended I follow up with an opthamologist; I did that today.

The opthamologist said he saw nothing. Not a spec. Not a bump. I said to him, "Are you kidding me?" He answered in all seriousness, "No." Obviously, I am a little on edge with the recent Meeley/Singulair incident (he was prescribed twice the recommended dosage for six weeks). Mom let me vent and helped put things in perspective: I could always go to another doctor. True. Doctors are just people. True. I am not crazy. Usually true!

Thanks Mom!

PS: If you have a great doctor (any type) who you would highly recommend, please add him/her to the comment section. I'll begin the list with one of my favorites...

7 comments:

Tina Vega said...

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stephanie Rice at Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility:

http://www.obgynmn.com/

She has a wonderful "bedside manner" and always takes time to listen. The first time I met with her, she took notes during our conversation and then gave them to me to take home!

Amy said...

Glad everything is ok. I've always gone to Dr Paymar with Eagan Eye Clinic, but he retired a couple years ago. He has others in his practice-very thorough and good. http://www.eaganeye.com/index.htm

For pediatrician: Dr Dufort @ Eagan Valley Peds http://www.eaganvalleypediatrics.yourmd.com

Of course for complicated/intense pediatric care: Gillette Children's

And Dr Charles Puffer in Prior Lake for dentistry!

Tina Vega said...

I'd also recommend "The Eye Care Forum" at www.medhelp.org! I posted a link to my picture and within hours an opthamologist from Kansas City, MO explained the deal with my eye ("those white things are common and generally represent little 'chunks' of the caruncle that have moved under the conjunctiva"). As long as the size and appearance don't change, there is nothing to worry about...

Gotta love the Internet!

Anonymous said...

YES, U R CRAZY!!!!

Just kidding. I can clearly see bumps....

Tina Vega said...

Speaking of crazy... if life feels like it way too often, I have another great recommendation - Life Development Resources (http://www.lifedrs.com/). If you're in need of family, marriage, or individual counseling this is the place to go...

alexandra said...

hey i have the same thing, what was it, and they gave me antibiotic drops as well and i have this yellow spot in the caruncle, like u, its a small spot and it hasnt left , is been a week, what did u do to remove it or what was it, the doctor told me same they told u ...

Anonymous said...

Seems like a second opinion would be a good idea since you're worried. There are a lot of "normal" bumps and lumps in different areas of the body. If a second ophthalmologist says the same thing you could sleep easier :) For skin problems or if you had to have a skin biopsy you could try the dermatology lab or dermatologist below. they have a really good reputation for daly city san francisco area. https://www.sfdermatopathology.com/