Monday, November 12, 2007

November Faithbooking Lesson

Here's the lesson from our crop on Saturday (just click on it to enlarge). With each monthly lesson, I offer journaling ideas that are light and fun with the option of taking it deeper - something for everyone. Those who attend receive the lesson, along with a photo of the page I created, and supplies to create their own. Since you don't have the benefit of seeing my page, I will explain what I did.

There's been a lot of talk lately around church about "service" so naturally, this month's lesson runs along these lines. You could create a page about yourself using the journaling prompts on the handout. Or, you could use this as an opportunity to create a page about someone who serves you, a person you wouldn't typically consider adding to your album. Is there someone you see regularly at a local gas station or bookstore? How about a favorite doctor or pediatrician? This may sound strange but I'll share a bit of mine as an example.

The page included a photo of my hairstylist. Stacey introduced me to Ming Chu 20 years ago, insisting his spiral perms were THE BEST (they were). Ming continues to serve both my sister and I, which means he knows a lot about the inner workings of our family. He is also a great storyteller - one of my favorites was when he went to Chicago with some friends and ducked into a salon for a quick trim. There was some sort of miscommunication and the woman cut a chunk out of Ming's shoulder-length hair. The more he tried to explain/correct, the more she continued to cut!

What if I showed up Aafusion one day and Ming were no longer there? We may not have a relationship as deep as others in my life, but I am thankful for the fun stories and years of faithful service. I would miss him!

No comments: