Friday, October 19, 2007

Which way?

God promises to guide those who walk with Him. He says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go" (Psalm 32:8). Jesus promises to lead and guide His followers: "He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out... His sheep follow him because they know his voice" (John 10:3-4).

God has a good plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). Just as a father loves a child, He loves you! His plans reflect that love; they are full of hope. Hope. Several words for hope include: desire, bright, reward, longing, expectancy, confidence, anticipation, achievement. It sounds good, doesn't it?

He will never force His plans; it is your choice whether or not to follow. We are open to God's guidance only when we are prepared to do His will rather than our own. Perhaps one of the following situations strikes a chord:

  • Your finances are a MESS despite the careful planning.
  • After spending years watching your diet and faithfully exercising, you're diagnosed with cancer.
  • Despite every preventative parenting measure, your teenager becomes addicted to drugs.
  • You have everything you ever wanted and still are not happy.
When you find yourself in a tight spot, unable to navigate your way out - remember that He is there! He has a plan and knows what to do even when you don't.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, are you speaking directly to me? Did you plant bugs in my brain? Great things to ponder - thank you! I LOVE the fall photos too.

Tina Vega said...

Another friend shared with me how they swear their church has bugged their home because EVERY sermon is about them. I love it when God does that!

There was a set of perfect fall trees that caught my eye yesterday - the photo here is just a snippet of one. Isn't the color gorgeous? I love fall!