Thursday, October 11, 2007

I see Amy, I see Teresa, I see Molly...

I might be dating myself but do you remember the show Romper Room? My sister Stacey and I used to sit in front of the television for hours, just waiting for our names to be called. I also had a thing for The Shazam!/Isis Hour, The Land of the Lost, and my all-time favorite Electra Woman & Dyna Girl. I seriously think I need to create a scrapbook page about each of these shows - my kids get a kick out of things like that. As I've been preparing this post, adding links and video for each of these shows, it has stirred up a lot of fun memories. Mainly feelings... how it felt to be a young girl. Carefree, creative, and playful. I am still creative but have seriously lost touch with the carefree and playful parts. Although some of that comes with age, I don't think it needs to stay that way!

Journaling Ideas: Take a trip with me down memory lane! What are some of your old favorites? Was there a television or radio show you were completely wrapped up in as a young child? Take some time to journal about those shows. What did you enjoy most about them? What feelings do they stir up? What do you like to watch now?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Land of the Lost-I remember that show! Such fun to see the "special effects" of those days on YouTube! Growing up in Saudi, we only had one station, and from 4-5pm would be the "Children's Hour" where Sesame Street would be on-occasionally I remember the Electric Company-I loved that show. My mom says I learned to read from watching SS. Other favorites (when we'd come to my grandparents' in the states and get to watch more TV) were The Donny and Marie Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2pLXKmiV4&mode=related&search=), and the Muppet Show. When we were more school aged, in Saudi, we'd watch VHS tapes of the Cosby Show, Family Ties, etc that people recorded when they were in the states on vacation, and then bring back to pass around for people to watch.

Anonymous said...

I am "explicity denied access" to these URLS's you wanted me to click on at work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably can't be using work time to watch clips of Land of the Lost. So strict around here....

Tina Vega said...

Ohhhh, the Donny & Marie Show... I'd forgotten about that one! What a world away (literally) your Saudi experiences were - have you ever included a Saudi page in your album? How interesting and different life was for you, compared to us in the States. How cool for your kids to have that written down as well!

Tina Vega said...

I'm so sorry you can't see the clips at work! I know that you were really looking forward to the Land of the Lost bit... now you have to wait ALLLLLL day.