Thursday, September 13, 2007

one of *those* friendships

I met a longtime friend today for lunch. Instead of making excuses for fear of looking like a dork, I brought along my camera. Looking at this photo, I am so glad I did!!

Kris and I went to high school together but didn't know each other until the college years, when we became roommates. Kris is one of the few friends who knew me before I got my act together; she has seen me at my worst. Kris is also one of the sweetest friends I've ever known! Her way is quiet and gentle yet with a great deal of strength and wisdom. She has always been like that. During my years of chaos and inconsistency, she was there - never judging, always patient.

We have one of those friendships. You know, the kind where you can go months or years without seeing each other and yet easily pick up where you left off. Not that I enjoy spending that much time away from her! It seems there is always so much to talk about and so little time to do it.

Ours is a friendship to be treasured.

A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17

Journaling Ideas: Think about a long-term friendship in your life. How has it been a blessing to you? How have you changed over the course of time? How has your friendship changed? What do you treasure most about that relationship?

No comments: