Wednesday, August 1, 2007

looking down from above.

Some of you might think I'm really weird for sharing this story. (Those who don't, already know how weird I am :-) I pray for everything and relish answered prayer. Years ago, I began writing down my prayers (along with their answers) and was AMAZED at God's activity in my life. My faith grew and I began to pray more boldly, with great detail. I "put Him to the test" so to speak. There is nothing like noticing His hand, nothing like noticing Him - it gave me the desire for MORE.

So, back to my story. Meeley has been feeling a little down with his friend leaving. The other morning, he came to me while I was cleaning and told me that a baby bird had hit the window. He said it was just lying there like a ball of feathers. I went over to the window to take a peek. We stood there for a while waiting for some sign of life. There was none. I told him that it probably broke its neck and my son made a comment about it being a HORRIBLE summer. Then I said, "Let's pray for the bird." Looking over the bird from the window we prayed, asking God to heal it.

We talked about burying the bird (assuming it was dead) and Meeley decided to hop right on it. I said, "Let's wait a little while, we don't want to bury the bird if it's still alive." About 30 minutes had passed and the bird still hadn't moved. I gave Meeley permission to go outside ahead of me with the promise he wouldn't touch it. He ran outside. I was just getting ready to open the window to give him another "do not touch it" reminder, when I saw him standing there wide-eyed. I looked down and the bird was all perky, sitting and looking around!!!!!! Meeley took a step a little closer and the bird flew away!!!

Now that was a God Moment! We gave God a high five (it's something we do here) and thanked Him for healing the little bird.

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all humankind. (Job 12:7-10)

No comments: