Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a little *BLING*BLING*

M has pierced ears! I got the full scoop at our 4th of July celebration:

  • Her mom and Nanna took her to Libby Lu at the Mall of America.

  • She had them both pierced at once!

  • The staff announced her new "pierced ear status" and everyone clapped.

She described in great detail how to care for them and shared her plans for the future (no dangle earrings, of course). It was an important day for my niece and I enjoyed hearing every detail. As I listened, I thought about how beautiful she looked and how quickly she is growing up. Will she share stories with me then? I sure hope so.

Journaling Ideas: Have you ever taken the time to really listen to a child? If so, what kind of story did they share? What nuggets of wisdom did they offer? How did they react to your undivided attention? Take time to listen to child today and create a scrapbook page about your conversation.

From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise, O Lord.

Psalm 8:2

No comments: